Key Stage 3 Religious Studies is a three year rolling course. Students will focus on the six major world religions: Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism.
- Arguments for the existence of God: Traditional philosophical arguments for the existence of God;
- The Natural World: How different religions respond to environmental issues and animal rights;
- Key Religious Figures.
- Beliefs and Practices: religious symbols; prayer & meditation; sacred texts;
- Festivals: How different religions commemorate / celebrate important events.
- The focus at KS3 is on the acquisition of knowledge; an understanding of ethical issues and the development of empathy and respect;
- Rights of Passage;
- Places of Worship.
Recommended Revision Guide
CGP KS3 religious Education Complete Revision & Practice
Religious Education Complete Study & Practice