KS 3 Geography
A three year rolling course including the following modules:
- Restless Earth – volcanoes, earthquakes and plate tectonics
- The power of the sea and coastal management. Water Aid in less developed countries of the world.
- Fairtrade and Sustainability.
- A study of Bristol and the local area including a focus on settlements and how Bristol has grown and developed over time.
- Weather Systems and the Climate Crisis.
- Development Studies – Contrasting rich and poor countries of the world with a focus on at least one country in Europe and two countries in the wider world.
- Maps and map skills including focus on local, UK, Europe and other continents of the world.
- Biomes of the world. Physical, environmental and human diversity in an ever changing world.
- Geography of Crime- Hot spots, planning safer living spaces and preventing international crime.
- Asking geographical questions.
- Use of geographical vocabulary to be cemented through discussion, written tasks and assessment.
- Interpreting a range of primary and secondary sources including maps, aerial photos, diagrams, globes and atlases.
- Consolidating and extending knowledge of the world’s continents and countries including physical and human features.
- To gain a sense of place, space, culture and diversity